I am waiting on my nursing school letters. I believe the one from CFCC is sitting in my box in Wilmington so I'll drive home anxiously tomorrow. I'm hoping CCC will be sending theirs shortly. I really don't know if I'll get in or not but I'm praying every second of every day. On to the VERY exciting news...
Clay and I are parents....of kitties! We adopted two kittens from Petsmart through an organization that rescues dogs off of death row and kittens that are given to them. Our kitties are around 6-8 months we believe. Their mother was a stray and needless to say they were born at El's Drive-in in Morehead City. Possibly one of the greatest drive-in seafood places in the area. We have named them Bama and Brewer. Bama short for Bama breeze aka Jimmy Buffett and Alabama (Roll Tide). Brewer short for Kidd Brewer aka Appalachian's football stadium. Bama and Brewer are siblings Bama being the girl and Brewer the boy. Bama is CRAZY, she loves to play and can't get enough attention. Brewer is a lil more shy but when you get close to him he can purr as loud as a diesel truck. They have warmed up to us a lot more in the last week and even given us a few little scares. Such as Bama sneaking in the kitchen cabinet and ending up behind the cabinets and oven. Needless to say problem solver Callie immediately pulled out the stove/oven and came to her rescue. Clay has some bad experiences with hurt cats so I believe I'll take on the role as wonder woman for them. They love to get on top of the cabinets meaning above the fridge and their favorite place is a red chair that Clay got from his grandparents.
I have begun to bring some things from my apartment to Clay's in Beaufort, but I'm a little scared that if I move a lot of it then I won't get into CCC. I guess I'm a little superstitious. We can't wait till we get all the presents and get to fill in all of the empty space in the Beaufort apartment.
I'm heading back to Wilmington tomorrow after my MUCH appreciated week long break. I'll be sad to go back to school aka write my research paper but even more sad to leave the kitties. However while I was here I slept in till 1 and Clay got home at 3:30 or 4. They should be fine while Clay is at work as long as they don't wrestle too much.
Tomorrow my mom and dad are bringing their old washer and dryer to Clay's apartment. Luckily they were at the point of buying new ones while Clay and I were frequenting the laundry mat even though we have a HUGE room for the washer and dryer. It will be lovely to have a big washer and dryer and not the stackable in my apartment in Wilmington.
I think that is all that is new in our lives but if not I'll be sure to add another blog! Pray for acceptance letters!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment