Tuesday, January 27, 2009
And so we meet again...
WOW a lot has happened since the last blog. Last weekend I went home to do my testing at Carteret. I did very well and the lady that picks for the program told me I have a pretty good shot. I'm truly hoping she wasn't just lying to me to make me feel better! It was a good weekend at home hanging out with Mom and Dad for a bit and even Clay because he still had no bed at this point. Then finally his bed came (this was a HUGE ordeal) they don't seem to understand that a person can work all day and not be able to meet the delivery people. This was after they "accidentally" shipped his bed to Georgia...anyways it finally arrived on Sunday. I got to see his furnished apartment since his parents brought theirs down on Friday. It looks much better and really only needs a table or bar stools to fill the void! On Monday I headed back to Wilmington and began my not so busy week of school. In light of the fact that I didn't have much to do I went into wedding planner overdrive. I have contacted two florists so I'm waiting on replies for them. We are tasting cakes this Saturday so that's a done deal. I have contacted a violinist in the area and she is available on our day also. I'm loving the fact that I'm planning a 6 month away wedding in an economic disaster. Everyone is available and super nice to potential paying clients! Since Clay is coming we are also going to check out some stores for wedding invitations and some magazines I've received with every wedding item imaginable. We are going to meet with Katie (Clay's sister and our officiant) this weekend to go over some ceremony details. On Thursday mom is coming to go to DB for my dress alteration. Sadly my dress and veil will go away to be fixed and cleaned and I don't get to see them for a long time...it's not going to be good! I apologize for the HORRIBLE timeline of events; as you can see my mind is going 100 mph. Laura went with Mom last Saturday and bought her dress. It is a beautiful halter top floor length gown that is so pretty but so hard to explain. They are ordering that and it should be in within 4-6 weeks. We are definitely doing ivory and truffle (chocolaty purple color) for our wedding colors. Depending on the boys tuxes we may possible throw in a form of blue. Melissa is coming on Feb 5th and we already have an appointment for the 7th so she can try on dresses. She'll have the same color but not necessarily the same dress. We still have to pick out the tuxes but we are hoping for a ivory or tan color with a brown tie and whatever else goes on tuxes. That is definitely Clay's department and not mine. I think this is all that has happened. I'll just be glad when we have a contract with everyone and NO more meetings. This weekend we are also doing the MOST fun pre wedding event ever recorded. We will head off to fabulous Kohl's and Bed Bath & Beyond and be fitted with a gun that gives you power equal to God. If we could register at the Honda dealership that would probably top those two though. I'm sure between our two empty apartments we can think of tons of items to scan into our wedding gift bible. Well I think that is all but I highly doubt it. I'll try to update more often so my blogs are more organized and less like a chicken with its head cut off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, we have really been busy! (Clay)
ReplyDelete