Monday, January 19, 2009

Testing this weekend?? funny story



I headed home this weekend with all intention (and anxiety) of taking the entrance test (NET Test) for Coastal Carolina.  I sat down and studied two days before and was feeling pretty good about it.  The night before I went to get the entrance voucher to make sure I knew the location.  All of the sudden I look and see the date...rather than January 17th it says the 10th.  No this is not a joke.  After a few obscenities and looking at the number 10 sooo hard that that it should have turned into 17 I had to accept the fact.  Needless to say this is not something that I would commonly do.  I get stuff stuck in my head so deep I can't even get it out...plus I get so nervous about testing the likelihood of me forgetting it all together is very rare.  I attribute it to the fact that Clay's birthday was the weekend before and all of this wedding planning actually affects my health.  Oh well I don't think it is as big of a deal as originally thought but I couldn't explain this to you without using 10 more paragraphs.  Needless to say I'm hoping i'll get a reassuring email from Coastal within the next few days.

While I was very angry that I missed the test I was very happy I didn't have to get up at 6:15 to drive to Jacksonville on Saturday morning.  Instead I went with Clay to see his apartment and it is FABULOUS.  It is located in Beaufort about 5-10 min from the waterfront and it is near the grocery store, drug store, dominos, and oh by the way right near the newest ABC store in Beaufort.  If you ever find yourself in Beaufort go look at the abc store. It seriously has 5-7 AC units outside...it's massive.  His apartment is 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths with a huge kitchen with a ton of storage.  It has a small back patio that looks onto the apartments behind it.  It is really nice and has brand new carpet.  The experience would have been more pleasant if he had more then one chair but no worries it had an ottoman also.  He had his power, cable, and water hooked up.  He is now actually living there (with his one chair and aerobed) and his actual bed will be delivered on Tuesday.  He is hoping to get his parents furniture this weekend so he will have a couch and what not.  They are updating their furniture to match their new coastal house. 

When we got back on Saturday we had sushi which was amazing and then watched a movie.  Sunday was Dad's birthday...the big 5-1!!!!  AARP is now a frequent mailer to Egret court and this will only increase once mom turns the big 5-0 in March.  However I must say that neither of them even look close to their age so this is good news for Laura and I.  We had steaks for lunch and then settled in to watch football all day.  Then we had the sudden disaster of realizing that we hadn't made a cake yet.  The whole family minus myself is starting nutrisystem soon so Mom didn't get any cake mix.  No worries though because Clay ran to the store and we made dad a cake.  Now this may seem simple enough but Laura and I had our hearts set on this cake being two layers so when I looked over to see dad pouring it in a 9x13 inch pan we were heartbroken.  No we didn't make him make his own cake he was just to impatient to let us finish eating our dinner to start making it.  So I with my infinite wisdom and my stubborn personality and Laura with her unfailing support of my infinite wisdom decided to turn this sheet cake into a 2 layer cake.  To make this short we cut the sheet cake in half and stacked the two ends on top of each other.  I then proceeded to ice the whole thing and it was a big hit.  I can always do something when people doubt me.  We then ate the cake which we didn't realize had to be eaten in huge pieces due to the fact that if not the center pieces would have only top icing and not side icing.  Either myself or Laura will post pictures for a better visual reference.  This is a great start to their diet by the way.  Thank God my dress is a little too big to start with!!!

Today I made my way back to Wilmington, Clay to his new apt, and the LeBlanc family back to Raleigh.  We had to hurry before the winter storm came and obliterated travel.  I still have major doubts about this system but I would be pleasantly surprised to not have class tomorrow.  No worries though because all of Wilmington except for CFCC and UNCW has already closed down in preparation.  It will be very interesting to say the least.  I will be heading back to MHC to take a test at Carteret this weekend and then finally two weekends at home in Wilmington.  First Clay is coming to celebrate his dad's birthday on the 31st and then the next weekend Melissa is coming to visit!!!  This visit has been a long time coming and I think she is actually coming this time.  Clay is headed to Hickory to see the boys so hopefully everyone will be happy.  See..we do actually have some friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment