Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Post

I guess the first post has to be a good one since it sets the mood for everything*. 
 
So we had a plan for the wedding and we completely changed it.  We were originally looking at the Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores for the ceremony and reception.  However, the thought of coordinating the catering, the site (which only supplies one helper) and all of the extras it was already a headache.  Today Clay and I went to a Bridal Expo in Downtown Wilmington and then to an Open House for a possible site in downtown.  The Expo showed everything from dresses to DJs and cakes to gyms (to get the Bride in wedding "shape").  Needless to say we didn't stop at the Gym table to chat.  We talked to three great photographers and tried some amazing wedding cakes.  I really like Matt McGraw Photography so I am waiting on a reply about his openings.  If you haven't seen his stuff it is amazing so google him!!!  We also talked to Island Cakery and we are penciled in for our date (May 24th, 2009).  The greatest news yet is that we have hopefully found our site for the ceremony and reception.  Balcony on Dock Street is this amazing three story building in downtown Wilmington.  It consists of what used to be an old seed store on the first floor, a sushi restaurant on the second floor, and a beautiful open room on the third floor.  The top floor used to be the living quarters for the family that owned the seed store.  

Ok I think I need a paragraph break now.  Back to the wedding stuff we are hoping to rent the third floor and with that you also get the first floor outdoor patio.  We can do the ceremony upstairs and then head outside for a while so they can set up the reception.  Mom is coming sometime this week so we can both go see the site and hopefully (fingers crossed) sign the contract/pay the deposit/book the site.  They aren't as nice as the aquarium because they will only hold a date with the non-refundable money in hand.  Right now this is what we are looking at and hopefully it will be in writing by the end of this week.

On another note Clay found an apartment!!  He is renting a 2 bed/2.5 bath apartment a few minutes from downtown Beaufort (NC).  I have yet to see it but I am impressed by the pictures.  If I get into school in Carteret County this will be where we will live.  If not then we will have some serious thinking to do.

Other then wedding stuff I don't have any interesting news.  I have to take an entrance test for Coastal Carolina CC this Saturday.  I am also waiting on a letter from Carteret to find out about testing for them.  Hopefully by March of this year I will have a definite path for the next two years.

*I am in no way an english major.  I will use run-ons and comma splice more than you can imagine.  I may use a semi-colon every once in a while but only if I'm really on my game. Apologies to the english majors of the world (more specifically my sister)!  She is the english major and I am the nursing major.  If you want to talk comma splice then talk to her.  If you slice your finger then talk to me...just wait till I get my degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment