I got into Carteret for Nursing School!!! Joyous applause may follow! I'm SUPER psyched. I just mailed my letter of intent and cannot wait to go to orientation. It's amazing that last year at this time I was applying to UNC-W and now i'm going to be Married, living in Beaufort, and going to Carteret. Needless to say now I am definitely going to be living with Clay after the wedding and I must sadly say goodbye to my apartment. It was very good to me in Wilmington.
I had my Bridal shower last weekend in Hickory and it was awesome. I had seriously been dreaming about the food for months! Between the chicken salad in phyllo cups, sausage balls, chocolate cake, wedding cookies, and the punch that I SWEAR my nanny puts liquid cocaine in (it's that addicting) I was a very happy bride to be. I got to see all of my family that I miss so much and even got to see a lot of Clay's that thankfully could drive to Hickory. My aunt's Patsy and Dianne did an amazing job planning and hosting it during the nasty rainfall. Plus I got to see Melissa whom I miss a TON and a surprise guest.
On Wednesdayish I got a call from Hilary saying that she would be in Raleigh for her job and that she would like to come to ILM (that's wilmington) to visit. However since I was in Hickory it worked out much better as that is much closer to Harrisonburg, Va where she currently lives. For those that don't know, Hilary and I have been friends since 5th grade which was 11 years ago. (HOLY COW i'm getting old) She moved to HKY from CT and then moved back to CT in 8th grade. We were practically inseparable and even got the nickname Calary. So she came in on friday night and stayed with Mom, Laura and I at my Nanny's. It was great to see her and to do a quick recap of our lives since I last saw her at HS graduation. For those of you who do know Hilary you will be slightly concerned that she is now an EMT (and many other things that I don't know the names of) and even drives the ambulance. If you are not frightened by this then you never spent a large amount of time with her. However she is GREAT at it and it's an awesome thing.
Now Bridal showers are wonderful but really they are about the gifts (sorry family). We got some AMAZING gifts. From a kitchenaid stand mixer to pans, to plates, to wine glasses, to a george foreman, to pretty much every kitchen utensil that has ever been created. They are currently in Clay's spare bedroom and we may use ONE early. The waffle maker his grandmother gave us because well....we are impatient and need some type of immediate gratification. I am going to start my thank you cards very soon especially because mom just sent out the bulk of invitations so gifts could arrive anytime from now till forever. We are TRULY blessed with amazing family and friends and couldn't ask for anything else! We are both super psyched about the wedding and can't believe it is sooo soon.
On a side note next Monday I have my bridal portraits and that week Clay and the babies (shhhh it's a secret) will be with me for his spring break. It will be great to have him and very interesting to see how they do in my apartment. I'm very ready to call Beaufort my true home.
Classes are going well my Criminal Justice class is boring now since I only have to sit thru it till the end of the year. Gotta love classes with dropped test grades. All you have to do is ace all but the last. English is good and I'm liking the online course. Communication class is AMAZING and I truly enjoy going to it. Anthropology is always interesting as my teacher is VERY amusing. Clay's school is going very well. He is busy as always and counting down till spring break and then summer. He is also pondering going to get his masters in CJ. He will still be teaching but it helps him know the content better and the extra pay is always a bonus.
Now for the amazing stuff. Apparently my family has jumped on the super weightloss bandwagon. My Mom, Dad, and Sister all look AMAZING. They think they are going to show me up at the wedding but I have the whole center of attention, ivory dress thing on my side. If you haven't seen them your jaws will drop. Pretty much my family is HOT.....that's all.
I'm in Beaufort this weekend and just getting work done and hanging out. It was crappy today and supposed to be equally crappy on Friday. Saturday and Sunday will be much improved and we might hit up the beach access at Radio Island. I HAVE to get rid of my tan lines for the wedding. Then on Saturday night Clay and I are double dating with mom and dad at El Zarape where the monster margaritas are $2 off. It should be a great weekend!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment