Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Beach is where I will always stay!

On Friday night Clay and I just stayed in and played with the kitties. It involved a lot of tv, relaxing, and computer time. On Saturday Clay got up early and ran on the beach while I slept in like a baby. Then he went to eat with his Aunt, cousins and grandmother while I got some stuff done. We then headed to the Radio Island beach access and enjoyed the sunlight. It was amazing to lay on the beach only 4 miles from the apartment. It wasn't too busy but i'm sure in the summer we will be forced to head to Fort Macon. It's funny to lay in a bikini while people walk by you in long sleeves and pants. The wind made it rough but if you lay flat to the chair it actually gets pretty warm. Clay and I both ended up pretty pink which is great in only 2 hrs. We are blessed with tannable skin. When we got back to the apt I started working on my thank you notes for the bridal shower. We then began to shower up for our double date with Momma and Papa Samuels. We ate at El Zarape. Mom, dad, and I ate the amazing fish tacos. Clay ate the same combination he eats every single time but tried the fish tacos and liked them. He's just not a big fan of the red cabbage which we all LOVE. Clay and I also split the Monster Margarita as it was 2 dollars off. The food was soo good and it was fun to eat with mom and dad. We then all headed back to the apt to talk some more. Mom and Dad got to see the kitties and were surprised how much more social Brewer has become and how social Bama has remained. Mom brought us a recipe book for the crock pot we got at the shower and some other goodies. After they left Clay headed to bed and I worked on the rest of my thank you notes. I got completely finished and then had to write a professional complaint letter and email for my english class. They are silly but very easy. I then headed to bed which was interesting with my sunburn just beginning to set in. While Clay immediately shows his for some reason my sunburn doesn't hit till hours after I shower. It is very odd.

Today Clay went to cycle with dad while I enjoyed laying in bed once again. Once he got back we ate some lunch and headed back to the beach. It was even better today and surprisingly less people. It was really fun to just lay and talk and watch the hoards of boats heading from the waterway out towards the ocean. The sailboats are amazing and beautiful and the shrimp boats just make me hungry. We then headed back only to be caught at the draw bridge so a boat could pass through. We forgot the timing. Don't hit the bridge at the top of the hour or at the 30. If a boat is waiting then you will be too. We then proceeded to head back for dinner and then watched the movie Changeling. It was actually pretty good. Clay then got his stuff ready for tomorrow and headed to bed. I showered and then of course was hit by the sunburn once again. I then packed up some of my stuff and played with the kitties for a while. I'll be heading back to Wilmington in the morning but will be joined by Clay on friday for his spring break.

We have decided not to take the kitties since we don't want to cause a lot of stress. Bama would most likely be perfectly fine but Brewer has a MUCH higher stress level and we'd feel horrible if it made him sick. Grandma Samuels has agreed to come by every other day to feed, water, and scoop. We really appreciate her doing this so we don't have to board them. We'll have to do it for the wedding so we'd like to avoid it at all other times. I think she really just likes the idea of having the cats to care for for a week and then to be done with it. I suspect she'll come more often and play with the kitties. Probably get them hyped on sugar and soda....wait i'm talking about cats aren't I... She'll probably save that for the human grandkids! We'll be back the next Thursday though for our normal Beaufort weekends. I can't wait to live here for good and to quit driving EVERY weekend. It's really quite obnoxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment